We are excited to announce a 3-day Summer Oceanography Seminar happening at the Cape Cod Canal Visitor Center this August.
The Summer Oceanography Seminar will introduce students to practical methods in ocean water sampling and analysis. Led by Jim Remillard, Science Department Chair for Saint John Paul II High School in Hyannis, participants will:
* Learn how to use gear and instrumentation to collect water samples and measure parameters such as temperature, salinity, oxygen, and pH.
* Develop skills to format spreadsheets & create charts from the data collected in the field * Perform daily plankton tows * Identify and photograph plankton * Prepare and present their work to the public at the Cape Cod Canal Visitor Center as part of the US Army Corps of Engineers' evening program series
* Monday, August 12: 9:30am-11:30pm
* Tuesday, August 13: 9:30am-11:30pm
* Wednesday, August 14: 9:30am-11:30pm
* Public Presentation: Wednesday, August 14 from 7-8pm. Arrive at 6pm for setup.
Cape Cod Canal Visitor Center
60 Ed Moffitt Drive
Sandwich, MA 02563
* Program is open to girls and boys ages 12-15 * Participants must bring their own laptops. And have a personalized google account setup. All other equipment will be provided.
* Participants must be able to attend all sessions.
* A guardian must stay on site during the program.
TO REGISTER (and for more information):
* Email Park Ranger Samantha Gray at email@example.com * Spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Limit 20 participants.